My relationship with food is a healthy one. I love fruits and veggies; shopping at the farmers’ market and contributing to the local food cycle is one of my favorite parts of summer. Bread is one of my favorite foods, and I love The Bread Basket‘s cranberry walnut boules. I am very much an omnivore; while I love meat, a vegetarian or vegan recipe doesn’t scare me. My diet is balanced, but my weakness is definitely ice cream, especially Lake Effect‘s!
Now that you know a little bit about how I eat, here are my favorite warm-weather recipes:
- Grilled Zucchini: There’s no recipe for this one, just add olive oil, salt and pepper to sliced zucchini and throw it on the grill. So good!
- Oh She Glow‘s Empowered Noodle Bowl with Thai Peanut Sauce: To be fair, I’ve never tried the Orange-Maple Miso version of this recipe. But why would you, because this peanut sauce is absolutely amazing. Get the recipe here.
- Inspiralized‘s Pesto: This pesto is so easy and we’ve made it twice this summer with basil from our garden. A version similar to our favorite is located here.
- Cucumber Salad: We have cucumbers growing out of our ears, so we eat this salad of cucumbers, red onions and dill constantly.
- Cowboy Caviar: Any combination of beans, corn and cilantro is going to be amazing with tortilla chips. I could make this for lunch everyday and be pretty content! Here’s a great version.
What recipes do you make over and over when the days get longer and the grill comes out? Let me know so I can love them too!